Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trailer Talk Thursday: Mission Impossible 4 and Final Destination 5

Hey everybody, Travis from The Movie Encyclopedia here with another edition of Trailer Talk Thursday where I bring you the latest trailers to hit the silver screen.

It's definitely been a while since I've done one of these but I'm glad to be back doing it and hopefully I can keep the T3's coming a little more smoothly from now on. I'm not making any promises because those are only as good as you keep them but I'll definitely be making a conscious effort to bring you the latest trailers and I hope you enjoy.

First up is the highly anticipated fourquel in the long running and always thrilling Mission Impossible series: Ghost Protocol. 

I've always loved the Mission Impossible series ever since I was a little boy and when I was younger I would always find myself humming the theme song whenever I would do something "dangerous" or "exciting" (sometimes it was switched with the Bond theme but most of the time it was MI) and I would always call myself Agent Travis Hunt. And as I got older I appreciated more and more about the films, both in an acting ("Oh look it's that guy") and technical tense ("Considering what they were working with they did a good job here"). And ever since 2006 when the third one was released, I've been anxiously awaiting a new one and now this Christmas I'm getting exactly what a good portion of America and I have been wanting for 5 years, more Ethan Hunt. And this time they brought along Josh Holloway and Jeremy Renner to help fill out the cast, as well as bringing back some familiar faces (I'm especially happy about Simon Pegg's return). And with the story looking as epic, explosive and dangerous as ever, I'm pumped. Is it December already?

Take a look-



And next up we have the fifth installment in the widely popular but critically dividing horror series: Final Destination 5.
Ever since the first movie came out 11 years ago I have been hooked on the Final Destination series. I always bought them on VHS or DVD when they came out (as up until the fourth movie I couldn't see them in theaters) and have watched them more times then I can count. That said, in the back of my mind I always knew that after the second one the quality dropped big time in terms of creativity and quality. The first one was supernatural and spooky with some great tension and great scares. The second one wasn't as good but still had that air of spooky that made the first one good. Then it kind of became a game of "How many pretty teens (and possibly one or  two adults) can we kill in increasingly more Rube Goldberg-esque machines for 90 minutes?" And when the fourth one added 3D it went from suck to blow very fast. So despite still owning the whole series (I'm a completionist at heart) I only rarely went past two while shifting through my library.

Then one day out of the blue the initial trailer came out for the fifth entry and I was genuinely surprised. Not just at the fact David Koechner was in it but that the film actually looked...dare I say good? It looked darker, more serious, they brought back Tony Todd, and they added an element to it that actually adds a layer of depth (If I murder someone then I live) to the usually shallow plots. And now a second trailer is out, one that gives a little more details on the plot, and I gotta say my interest is still as piqued as it was when I saw the first one.

Take a look-


Well that does it for this week's installment of T3, leave a comment below and I will see you all next week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ROBERT-TSANI