Wednesday, July 27, 2011

LAMB #1031 - Garbo Laughs



URL: http://garbolaughs.wordpress.com/
Site Name: Garbo Laughs
Categories: Reviews, Humor, Classic Film
Rating: PG-13

What is the main focus of your site?
Garbo Laughs is a classic film blog with a focus on reviews, original articles, and general worship of Old Hollywood films and stars.

What are your blogging goals, personally and/or professionally? In other words, what, if anything, are you trying to get out your blog?
I'm somewhat of a "selective learner" when it comes to film; things I like I will obsess over and study voraciously, and things I don't like I will ignore. My knowledge of the history of film, therefore, is fairly esoteric, and definitely slumps in a few important areas. Part of the reason I am doing this blog is to improve my knowledge and enjoyment of classic film on the whole.

Do you prefer an interactive community for your blog or are you the teacher and your readers the students?
I'm here to learn, not to teach, and my hope is that readers will get enjoyment and fulfillment from hearing about classic film from the perspective of someone who doesn't know it all.

How long have you been movie blogging for, and how frequent do you post updates to your site?
As of the date of this submission, Garbo Laughs has been active for nine months. I update 2-3 times a week on average -- sometimes more, rarely less.

Name up to three of your favorite movies (and no more).
Freaks (1932, dir. Tod Browning); My Favorite Wife (1940, dir. Leo McCarey); Hud (1963, dir. Martin Ritt)

How did you hear about the LAMB?
I am blog buddies with quite a few LAMBs, including Angela of The Hollywood Revue, Page of My Love of Old Hollywood, Clara of Via Margutta 51, and the girls at True Classics: The ABCs of Classic Film.

Any additional comments, or give yourself an interview question that's not listed above.
None

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ROBERT-TSANI